Northeast Tennessee Entrepreneurial Coalition
Johnson, Sullivan, Washington, Carter, Unicoi, Greene, Hancock, and Hawkins
• College students paired with potential entrepreneurs to develop Business Plans (focus on returning veterans and underserved)
• Mentorship of existing business owners through SCORE
• Entrepreneurial Education/Literacy
• College and High School Business Plan Competitions (emphasis on social entrepreneurship)
• Have year-round learning experiences where students and adults learn about entrepreneurship.
• High School Students participating in Youth Entrepreneurial Summer (YES) at Northeast State
• Participate in workshops as means to improve or become aware of credit score and potentially secure financing
• Schedule quarterly meetings to interact with colleagues, learn best practices, and evaluate strategies for future progress. Also, create platform to communicate to state and federal leaders about entrepreneurship within the Tri-Cities region.
• Create a website that provides a comprehensive list of resources and informational material for potential entrepreneurs.
• Formation of “Microbusiness Network” to help microbusinesses link with Chambers and potential contracts